Saturday, October 22, 2011

Inspired by...

Most of my cards are inspired by an idea I saw somewhere on a blog or in a magazine. But as I don't use the same papers, stamps and ribbon the look of the card is so different from the original. And that's what I like from sharing the ideas on the internet. It gives so much inspiration.
This card of Mona Pendleton inspired me yesterday. She used a beautiful sketch with a very favorite stamp set I own as well. But the result is sooooo different!



The next card isn't inspired by an idea I saw, but just the papers, stamps and dies. I made a combination and this is the result!


Thanks for stopping by and have nice and creative weekend!

Supplies:

card 1
Stamps: PTI botanical garden/ Up, up and away (flower); WMS Rescue Remedies (50c), Artemio (sentiment)
Ink: memento tuxedo black, lady bug, pear tart; Distress Old Paper
Paper: October Afternoon's Sidewalks
Others: sewing machine, ribbon, baker's twine

card 2:
Stamps: WMS Text it, Maya Road Cute as a button
Ink: memento tuxedo black, lady bug; Distress Old Paper
Paper: October Afternoon's Sidewalks
Others: sewing machine, ribbon, baker's twine, butterfly die, Martha stewart border punch, pinking sheers

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are so sweet Gerdine! So colorful and pretty! Love your choices of patterned paper and stamps! I am tickled pink that I have inspired you to create :) Thanks for making my day! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerdine,

    Ha, en gelijk een reactie van Mona, wat leuk!! Mooie kaart, Gerdine, heerlijek vrolijke kleuren! Ik haal ook veel inspiratie van alle geweldige blogs, zooo leuk!!!

    Groetjes, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. O, wat zijn ze allebei weer mooi!!! Erg leuk!
    ik vind het ook heerlijk om rond te snuffelen en me te laten inspireren!
    Groetjes Cornelie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weer twee prachtige kaartjes!!Super!
    Groetjes,Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I really appreciate it!